Last Update :3/9/2020
Heritage Oaks GC in Harrisonburg Seeks GC Summer Laborer
Golf Course Summer Laborer
Parks & Recreation
Job Number 7023 - (Feb 2020)
* Description https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/harrisonburg/jobs/2716816/golf-course-summer-laborer?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs#details-info
* Benefits https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/harrisonburg/jobs/2716816/golf-course-summer-laborer?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs#details-benefits
* Questions https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/harrisonburg/jobs/2716816/golf-course-summer-laborer?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs#details-questions
Are you looking for a seasonal position in a friendly and relaxed golf course environment? Do you love being around guests having a great time? If so, consider applying for the City of Harrisonburg's seasonal Golf Course Summer Laborer position!
The Golf Course Summer Laborer position is a seasonal position (no benefits) with a preferred hiring rate of $11.63 per hour. The ideal candidates for this position will have a desire to work outside and perform daily maintenance of the award-winning Heritage Oaks Golf Course and grounds. Applicants who have worked at least one previous season with the Parks & Recreation Department may be eligible for a higher starting salary that is commensurate with applicant qualifications.
The Golf Course Summer Laborer is responsible for:
* Mowing, string trimming, and tree trimming;
* Performing light construction;
* Grooming and maintaining sand bunkers;
* Mowing the golf course to specifications by operating and using hand and power mowing equipment;
* Changing cups on putting greens;
* Removing debris and manually excavating soil;
* Collecting trash;
* Preparing the golf course for daily play and tournaments;
* Loading and unloading supplies and landscape material.
Physical Requirements: This is heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, and feeling. Vocal communication is required for conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly; hearing is required to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound; visual acuity is required for use of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at or within arm's length, operation of machines, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions. The worker may be exposed to blood borne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
* High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Applicants must be 18 years of age prior to hire date, anticipated April 1, 2020 or later in the season.
* Possession of a valid driver's license.
The ideal candidates should have:
* General knowledge of cleaning practices, supplies, and equipment and the ability to use them economically and efficiently;
* Some knowledge of the safe use, operation, and preventive maintenance of the equipment assigned;
* Skill in the use of hand tools and equipment assigned;
* Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
Successful applicants for this position will be subject to a DMV record check and must complete a satisfactory drug screen, physical and criminal background check.
To Apply: All candidates must complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application in order to be considered. These positions may close at any time after 10 calendar days. (posted 02/21/2020) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
City of Harrisonburg
409 South Main Street
Harrisonburg, Virginia, 22801
[ More News ]