Last Update :11/20/2019
Greenbrier Country Club in Chesapeake, VA seeks Assistant Superintendent
Greenbrier Country Club is an 18 hole, Rees Jones designed golf course in the Hampton Roads area located in the heart of Chesapeake. Greenbrier is a private golf club owned and operated by Club Corp along with over 200 other golf courses across the United States. The course consists of renovated L93 Greens and Better Billy Bunkers in 2015. The course predominately consists of Tifway 419 Bermuda grass through the tees, fairways, and rough.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for assisting the Superintendent in the operating functions of the Golf Course Maintenance Department to ensure the healthy growth of the golf course & Clubhouse Grounds grasses, trees, wetlands, and other plant materials. The duties include turfgrass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, assisting with forecasting/expense management, scheduling and maintenance of irrigation systems, pesticide applications, and related recordings.
This is a great opportunity for an Assistant Superintendent to join the ClubCorp Agronomy family with potential for rapid career advancement through ClubCorp’s numerous other properties.
- Participate in the hiring, training and developing all staff
- Ensure the staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions
- Compliance of regulatory issues as directed by the Superintendent
Job Qualifications Include:
- 1-2 years experience in Golf Course Maintenance
- Min 2-year College Agronomy Degree preferred
- Pesticide Applicators License required
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and recordkeeping as required by local, state and federal laws
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Golf Privileges
- Local/National GCSAA Dues
- Continuing Education Allowance
16$ per hour + Overtime
Interested Parties should submit their qualifications to:
Ryan McNamara, Golf Course Superintendent, Greenbrier Country Club
[ More News ]